Friday 12 July 2013

Texas woman cries after trooper seizes Maxi-Pads: ‘I’ve never been so humiliated in my life’

And one more, because this is just so crazy!



Video taken by a demonstrator at Friday’s protest of an anti-abortion bill at the Texas State Capitol showed a woman saying she was publicly embarassed by Republican senators’ ban on tampons and sanitary pads from the premises.

In the footage, the unidentified woman says a state trooper “took away my Maxi-Pads, and made a huge deal out of flashing them around, and then saying that I couldn’t go into the gallery, you know, that I couldn’t take Maxi-Pads into the gallery. I’ve never been so humiliated in my life.”

“She was crying when she came in crying, talking about how someone had confiscated her sanitary pads and was waving them around like a trophy,” Hughes said. “[The woman said] the state trooper was chasing her to the elevator, yelling at her that if she didn’t like it, she could get out of the Capitol.”

“This is too much,” the woman says in the video. “This is like some kind of third-world country that we’re in all of a sudden.”

After the Senate became the target of online derision, the ban on hygienic products was revoked Friday afternoon


No comments: